Writing great grant proposals and winning grants happens when best practices are applied. These practices can be learned and mastered.
This interactive session, led by local stakeholders in fund development, will cover:
- Fundamental skills to identify suitable grant opportunities and what to know before applying for a grant;
- Strategies for connecting with grant funders;
- The ABCs of writing strong proposals that will help position you for funding;
- Emerging best practices around equity in the grant seeking process.
The workshop will include an informational presentation on go-to grant writing tips, a general Q & A session with our presenters, followed by a breakout session for participants to connect one-on-one with our presenters to ask questions and get input on their grant applications.
Whether participants have some experience or are completely new to grant seeking, this session will provide go-to tips for success!
Presented in partnership with the Community Foundation of East Central Illinois.
About the Panelists:
Beverley Baker is the Chief Impact Officer of United Way of Champaign County. Beverley has 17 years of experience in grant management and a long history of working with community leaders, organizations, and business representatives on collaborative efforts.
Stephanie Davenport is the Grants & Marketing Coordinator at the Developmental Services Center of Illinois. At DSC, Stephanie writes grants, manages social media and in-kind giving, and shares the ways in which DSC impacts the lives of people who choose its services.
Angie Hatfield Marker is the President and CEO of the Community Foundation of East Central Illinois. Angie has her Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management and more than 18 years of sales, marketing and development experience.
Madeleine Wolske is the Business Librarian at Champaign Public Library. Madeleine has several years of grant writing experience and connects community members and nonprofits to grantmakers with library resources, such as Foundation Directory Online.
Start + Grow Your Business Workshop Series:
- Aug 1, Igniting the Leader Within You, 7 pm
- Aug 4, Go-To Tips for Getting Grants, 1 pm
- Aug 11, Networking 101, 7 pm
- Aug 15, Holiday Marketing Strategy, 7 pm
- Aug 18, Let's Network!, 5:30 pm
- Aug 25, Q&A with The Brand Hub, 12 pm
Starting or growing your business? Champaign.org/launch
Registration is encouraged, but not required.